当前位置

首页 > 英语阅读 > 双语新闻 > 美国男子屋内喷满蟑螂药:小强没死 房子炸飞

美国男子屋内喷满蟑螂药:小强没死 房子炸飞

推荐人: 来源: 时间: 2017-01-01 阅读: 3.12W 次

It's a nightmare come true when you've got a cockroach infestation in your house.

家里蟑螂横行简直是梦魇。

It can drive you crazy, cause sleepless nights and cause a lot of damage.

它们到处搞破坏,已把你逼疯,令你夜不能寐。

So when it all gets too much, what do you do?

当快要到达你忍耐极限的时候,你会怎么做呢?

You take matters in to your own hands, like this man, who doused his house in roach spray hoping it would do the trick.

你决定出手了,就像这位仁兄,他把家里喷满了蟑螂药,坐等“小强”们死翘。

美国男子屋内喷满蟑螂药:小强没死 房子炸飞

Except it all went wrong when the buildup of fumes from the household insecticide led to an explosion, which tore apart the house.

但世事就是这么无常:屋里的蟑螂喷雾达到一定浓度后,竟然引发了爆炸,房屋被炸碎。

To make it worse, the cockroaches were still there after the blast.

更糟的是,“小强”们安然无恙,幸免于难。

The two adults and a young child who were inside the apartment at the time were taken to hospital as a precaution.

爆炸导致当时在家的两个大人和一个小孩入院观察。

The blast smashed all the apartment's windows.

爆炸把公寓的窗玻璃都震碎了。

According to the city's code enforcement officer, the roach spray did not have the intended effect.

据当地的执法官称,蟑螂药并没有发挥出本该有的效用。

Garrett M. Giberson said: 'The unit was infested with roaches. When I got on scene I saw numerous roaches crawling throughout the apartment.'

嘉莱特·M·吉伯森表示:“屋子里满是蟑螂。我到达现场后,看到公寓内蟑螂在到处爬。”

He explained how the occupant began experiencing a headache and opened a window after spraying the insecticide.

他解释称,喷完杀虫剂后,屋主会感到头疼,于是打开窗。

'You had the chemical, you had the oxygen and you had the ignition source,' he said.

他表示:“化学物质,加氧气,再加上火源。”

'The tenants are lucky because they could have been seriously injured. There had to be quite a buildup of chemicals and fumes from the bug killer to cause an explosion like that.'

“屋主没有受重伤已算幸运。能发生这样的爆炸,说明当时屋里化学物质的浓度肯定已经非常高了。”

The residents are now in temporary shelter provided by The American Red Cross.

屋内住户目前正在美国红十字会接受临时救助。