当前位置

首页 > 商务英语 > 常用商务英语口语 > 职场社交英语 Lesson 14:有谁一早就在这里了

职场社交英语 Lesson 14:有谁一早就在这里了

推荐人: 来源: 时间: 2019-01-30 阅读: 1.68W 次

职场社交英语 Lesson 14:有谁一早就在这里了

SCENE① B 加州的资讯王办公室

【有谁一早就在这里了?】

Zina: Who has been here already this morning?

吉娜: 今天有谁一早就在这里了?

Dave: Well, Vince dropped off some sales reports for you. Said you signed a big deal with .

戴夫: 呃,文斯丢了一些销售报告给你。说你签下了这个大客户。

Zina: They're 1) small fry. Tonight I'm going to LA to 2) negotiate with . That'll be big.

吉娜: 小菜一碟。我今晚要飞去洛杉矶跟协商。那可大了。

Dave: You're right. All the 3) entertainment web sites follow .

戴夫: 没错。所有的娱乐网站都以马首是瞻。

Zina: Who else has been here?

吉娜: 还有谁到过这里来?

Dave: Elvin stopped by to see me.

戴夫: 艾文顺道过来找了我一会儿。

Zina: Elvin? Which one is he?

吉娜: 艾文?他是哪一个啊?

语言详解

A: Did you sign a contract before agreeing to work for him?

在你同意为他工作前先签合约了吗?

B: He told me we would do it later.

他说那个晚点儿 再签。

【stop by 顺道拜访】

stop by是指你在要去一个地方的途中,因为顺路而到某人家拜访:

A:I was going to the store and thought I would stop by.

我正要去店里,就想可以顺道过来。

B:I'm so glad you did!

我真高兴你来了!

stop by也可以用来表达“稍作停留,不会久留”的意思:

A: I just stopped by to see if you needed anything.

我只是过来看一下你是否需要什么。

B: I need some more cough medicine.

我还需要多一些咳嗽药。

1) small fry 微不足道的事

2) negotiate (v.) 协商,协调

3) entertainment (n.) 娱乐

赞助商